|Sunny Leone Real Name / Sunny Leone Full Name|
|Sunny Leone Net Worth||$2.5 million USD|
|Sunny Leone Birthday (Year-Month-Day)||1981-5-13|
|Sunny Leone Nationality|
|Sunny Leone Occupation|
|Sunny Leone Height||1.63 m or 5 ft 4 inches|
|Sunny Leone Weight||50 kg or 110 pounds|
|Sunny Leone Marital Status|
|Sunny Leone Ethnicity|
|Sunny Leone Education|
|Sunny Leone Kids||3|
|Sunny Leone Kids Names|
- Sunny Leone was born on 1981-5-13
- Sunny Leone is 40 years old
- Sunny Leone has 3 kids
Leone in 2020
Karenjit Kaur Vohra
May 13, 1981
|Other names||Karen Malhotra|
|Occupation||Actress, former pornographic actress|
|Years active||2001–2013 (pornography)|
|Known for||Bigg Boss 5, Jism 2, Ragini MMS 2, Ek Paheli Leela, Splitsvilla|
Karenjit Kaur Vohra (born May 13, 1981), known by her stage name Sunny Leone (//), is a model and an actress in the Indian film industry and a former pornographic actress. She has Canadian and American citizenship. She has also used the stage name Karen Malhotra. She was named Penthouse Pet of the Year in 2003, was a contract performer for Vivid Entertainment, and was named by Maxim as one of the 12 top porn stars in 2010.
She has played roles in independent mainstream events, films, and television series. Her first mainstream appearance was in 2005, when she worked as a red carpet reporter for the MTV Video Music Awards on MTV India. In 2011, she participated in the Indian reality television series Bigg Boss. She also has hosted the Indian reality show Splitsvilla.
In 2012, she made her Bollywood debut in Pooja Bhatt's erotic thriller Jism 2 (2012) and shifted her focus to mainstream acting which was followed up with Jackpot (2013), Ragini MMS 2 (2014), Ek Paheli Leela (2015), Tera Intezaar (2017), and the Malayalam film Madhura Raja in 2019.
Apart from her acting career she has been part of activism campaigns including the Rock 'n' Roll Los Angeles Half-Marathon to raise money for the American Cancer Society and has also posed for a People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) ad campaign with a rescued dog, encouraging pet owners to have their cats and dogs spayed and neutered.
Karenjit Kaur Vohra was born on May 13, 1981 in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada to Sikh Indian Punjabi parents. As a young girl, she was a self-described tomboy, very athletic and played street hockey with the boys.
Although the family was Sikh, her parents enrolled her in Catholic school as it was felt to be unsafe for her to go to public school. When she was 13, her family moved to Fort Gratiot, Michigan, then to Lake Forest, California a year later, fulfilling her grandparents' dream that the family be together in one place. She had her first kiss at 11, lost her virginity at 16 with a basketball player, and discovered her bisexuality at 18.
When picking a name for her adult career, she has said that Sunny is her real name and Leone was picked by Bob Guccione, former owner of Penthouse magazine. She posed for Penthouse magazine, and was named Penthouse Pet of the Month for the March 2001 issue, followed by a feature in the Holiday 2001 edition of Hustler magazine as a Hustler Honey. She has also appeared in other magazines including Cheri, Mystique Magazine, High Society, Swank, AVN Online, Leg World, Club International and Lowrider, while her online credits include ModFX Models, Suze Randall, Ken Marcus and Mac & Bumble.
In 2003, she was named "Penthouse Pet of the Year" and starred in the video Penthouse Pets in Paradise alongside Tera Patrick and Kyla Cole. In 2005 Adam & Eve appointed her as their West Coast Internet Sales Representative.
That same year, Leone signed a three-year contract with Vivid Entertainment with which she transitioned into the world of hardcore pornography, stating that she would only do lesbian scenes. Her first movie released was titled Sunny and was released in December 2005. Her next movie, Virtual Vivid Girl Sunny Leone, was the first interactive title for Leone, who was the first Vivid Girl to make such a movie. Taking only four days to film, the movie won her her first AVN Award (Best Interactive DVD). She followed this with Sunny Loves Cher, which featured her first on-screen squirting, and The Female Gardner co-starring Mikayla Mendez and Daisy Marie.
Leone's last two movies under her contract with Vivid were It's Sunny in Brazil, which was filmed in Brazil, and The Sunny Experiment also starring Monique Alexander and Brea Lynn. The movies were released in October and December 2007 respectively.
In May 2007, upon re-signing her contract with Vivid for another six films, Leone agreed to perform for the first time with men on camera, but exclusively with her fiancé, Matt Erikson. That summer she also received breast augmentation, and shot her first movie under the new contract titled Sunny Loves Matt. The movie led to her being nominated for three (out of six) AVN awards in 2009 in addition to being a choice for Female Performer of the Year. She followed up her first boy-girl title with The Other Side of Sunny in October 2008, which would be the last time she would perform with Erikson.
In 2009, Vivid released her only movie performing with other male actors titled "Sunny B/G Adventure". Her final release under contract with Vivid – "Undress Me", once again made her exclusive to performing with just one male actor, Daniel Weber (he was performed under the stage name Ariel King), who subsequently became her husband.
In August 2009, she announced the launch of her own studio, Sunlust Pictures, with Daniel Weber as her partner. With her new venture Leone announced her plans to write, direct and create her own brand of adult movies with Vivid Entertainment as her distributor. Her first independent production, The Dark Side of the Sun, was released in March 2009, and was debuted at the Erotic Heritage Museum in Las Vegas. In June 2009, she held a casting call in Las Vegas for her second independent production titled Sunny Slumber Party (released September 2009). She followed up with three other self-produced features Gia Portrait of a Porn Star (2010) which was nominated for multiple AVN awards, Roleplay (2011) and Goddess (2012) which featured her first anal sex scene.
No longer exclusive to Vivid, Leone began working with other studios and performers since 2009. She leveraged her online popularity by striking deals with firms like PPPcard, AdultPokerParty.com, Brickhouse, Flirt4Free, Totemcash and Imlive to sell and distribute her content over the internet and other media. She won the "Web Babe of the Year" at the 2008 Xbiz Awards. Her websites and business interests are run under her banner company Leone L.L.C. She indicated in an April 2012 interview that 80 per cent of the traffic on her website, and 60 per cent of her revenue comes from India.
In addition to her film career, Leone has been part of the Vivid Comedy Tour, and has modelled for the Vivid Footwear collection. Leone has also participated in events like the Vivid/ClubJenna Lingerie Bowl and Vivid's Hot Rod Night. Doc Johnson launched a pocket pal in 2006 moulded to her vagina, and in 2008 released the Sunny Leone Exciter vibrator. Control MFG currently uses Leone's image along with other Vivid girls to market their line of skateboards. She is paired with Gab Ekoe, one of the Team Control riders. She also indicated that she plans to launch her own line of lingerie and other Sunny-branded products including a diamond jewellery line.
In September 2009, an iPhone application consisting of a collection of non-nude photos, some videos and a porn star-penned blog was approved by Apple for sale in the iTunes store, making it the first officially sanctioned application featuring a porn star. By February 2010, the app had been removed by Apple from the store.
Leone was voted number 13 (up from number 41 in 2007) on Genesis magazine's "Top 100 Porn stars" list, number 34 on Desiclubs.com's Top 50 Coolest Desis of 2004, and one of the "40 under 40" ranking on AVN Online magazine. In 2010, she was named by Maxim as one of the 12 top female stars in porn. She was voted number 82 in the Top 99 Women for 2012 in AskMen.com's list.
In 2013, she announced her retirement from the adult industry stating "I am lucky that the audience is accepting me. I have come my way from there (porn industry). I don't have any plans as of now to go back there."
Mainstream appearances prior to 2011
Leone's first mainstream appearance was in 2005, when she was a red carpet reporter for the MTV Awards on MTV India. She has also had a cameo in the film The Girl Next Door, performed in Ja Rule's video Livin' It Up and a video for Kidd Skilly. Other credits include E!'s "Wild On!" and the Sundance Film Festival's 'After Dark'. Leone was a contestant in the second season of the Fox reality show My Bare Lady 2: Open for Business, in which a group of adult actresses were given classes and training on how to pitch investment ideas and competed for success in the business world. In addition to filming her scene for Debbie Does Dallas in 2007, Leone was also part of a Showtime documentary of the same name detailing the production of the movie and the personal lives of its stars.
She indicated that for the right price she would seriously consider a career in Bollywood. She was courted by Indian directors in the past but felt uncomfortable with the roles that she would have played. Director Mohit Suri reportedly asked Leone to play the lead role in his film Kalyug, but instead cast Deepal Shaw as he could not afford Leone's $1 million acting fee. She has mentioned that Aamir Khan is her favorite Bollywood actor, and that over 60% of her fans are from South Asia.
In 2008, Leone announced that she would be starring in a mainstream action adventure movie titled Pirates Blood, which was shot in Oman. The shooting was completed in two weeks and was to be released in winter 2008. Leone also landed a role in Middle Men, producer Chris Mallick's indie feature about the birth of the online porn industry set for wide theatrical release in 2009. She appeared in the 2010 film The Virginity Hit playing a version of herself, where she is hired to take the virginity of the lead character.
Leone has made appearances at events such as the 2002 SEMA International Auto Salon, the 2002 Extreme Autofest Pomona and the 2006 World Series of Poker in Las Vegas. Sunny has also been the hostess at events in clubs like the Mansion in Miami and the Highlands in Hollywood.
In 2005, she was mentioned in Forbes magazine for a story on Vivid Entertainment. Leone has also been featured in mainstream publications like FHM, Front and Jane magazine. In 2007, along with the other Vivid Girls, she was seen in a 48' high holiday Billboard in Times Square at W. 48th Street and Seventh Avenue. Leone is also one of the Penthouse Pets who appears in the 2007 video game Pocket Pool. She was also featured in a coffee table book titled Naked Ambition: An R Rated Look at an X Rated Industry by Michael Grecco.
Indian film career
Bigg Boss and Entry in Bollywood (2011–13)
In 2011, she participated in the Indian reality series Bigg Boss 5, entering the house on day 49. However, she refused to divulge her porn star status, and replied to fellow house-mate Pooja Bedi that she was a model and a TV star in America for the last ten years or so. It was reported that she caused a stir in the larger populace with her Twitter feed gaining 8,000 new followers in just 2 days and Google saying searches for her experienced a "breakout". There were also complaints lodged with the Indian Ministry of Information and Broadcasting alleging that the Colors TV channel was promoting pornography by having Leone appear on the show; among those who filed are the Indian Artistes and Actors Forum and Anurag Thakur, member of Lok Sabha and head of the Bharatiya Janata Party's youth wing. She was evicted on Day 91.
During her stay in the Bigg Boss house, Leone was approached by Bollywood film-maker Mahesh Bhatt who entered the house briefly to offer her the lead role in Jism 2 (the sequel to the 2003 film Jism). She accepted it, which resulted in Pooja Bhatt's production house, Fish Eye Network and Leone's agent discussing the movie further. Leone entered Bollywood in 2012 with the film Jism 2 to weak critical reception but was commercially successful. Sunny Leone signed her second Bollywood film, Ragini MMS 2, sequel to Ekta Kapoor's crossover horror movie Ragini MMS. Sunny Leone featured in an item number in the Sanjay Gupta and Ekta Kapoor's 2013 film Shootout at Wadala. She further started filming for Kaizad Gustad's Jackpot in which she plays a femme fatale. Jackpot released on 13 December 2013 and was panned by critics.
Ragini MMS 2 and further success (2014–present)
Her first release of 2014 was the much anticipated horror film Ragini MMS 2, which proved to be a box-office hit. Leone's performance received all round praise with critic Mohar Basu calling her work a "revelation". Critic Taran Adarsh also noted that Leone, "carries off her character with supreme confidence". In November 2013, she had confirmed that she would make her Tamil film debut in Vadacurry which released in May 2014 and featured her in a special appearance. She next appeared in the item number Pink Lips for the film Hate Story 2, . After giving a hit number Pink Lips, she appeared once again in Shake That Booty opposite Mika Singh from his film Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya. She made her acting debut in the Telugu film industry by appearing in a cameo in Current Theega opposite Manchu Manoj and Rakul Preet Singh where she played a school teacher.
Leone then appeared in item song Sesamma Bagilu Tegiyamma in Kannada film DK, which marked her debut in Kannada film industry. In April 2015, Leone appeared in Bobby Khan's musical thriller Ek Paheli Leela, where she portrayed dual roles as Leela, a village belle and Meera, a supermodel from Milan. The film was released on April 10, 2015. The film met with mixed to negative reviews but was a commercial success with collections of ₹27.47 crore (US$3.9 million). After a little gap, post the release of Ek Paheli Leela , she appeared in Devang Dholakia's Kuch Kuch Locha Hai was released on May 8, 2015. She essayed the role of a film star opposite Ram Kapoor, Evelyn Sharma and Navdeep Chabbra. The film emerged to be a critical and commercial failure. She did her second Kannada song "Kamakshi" from the film Luv U Alia. Last in 2015, she appeared in a cameo in Akshay Kumar's Singh is Bling. In January 2016, she appeared in Milap Zaveri's adult comedy Mastizaade, released on January 29, 2016 where she portrayed twin sisters, Laila and Lily Lele along with Tusshar Kapoor and Vir Das. The film released to mixed reviews and was an average earner. One critic said "Leone may not be better than this film, but she's the best thing in it." Her next film was Jasmine D'souza's One Night Stand with Tanuj Virwani released on May 6, 2016. The film was released to mixed reviews but was a flop commercially. Her last release of 2016 was Rajeev Chaudary's Beiimaan Love opposite Rajneesh Duggal that released on October 14, 2016. Her performance was widely praised but the film met with negative reviews and flopped. She also appeared in song "Tu Zaroorat Nahi Tu Zaroori Hai" with Sharman Joshi in Fuddu and item song "Choli Blockbuster" for the film Dongri Ka Raja. In December 2016, her song "Laila Main Laila" from Raees with Shah Rukh Khan was released.
In April 2017, she appeared in a cameo for Sonakshi Sinha's Noor where she is portrayed the role of an actress. She then appeared in song "Piya More" with Emraan Hashmi in Milan Luthria's Baadshaho. In addition, she appeared in song "Trippy Trippy" in Sanjay Dutt's comeback film, Bhoomi released on September 22, 2017. She also made her Marathi and Bengali film debuts the same month with songs "Kuth Kuth Jayacha Honeymoon La" in Vishal Devrukhkar's Boyz and "Chaap Nishna" in Swapan Saha's Shrestha Bangali. She then appeared in song "Deo Deo" for Rajasekhar's Telugu film PSV Garuda Vega Her last appearance was her mainstream film Tera Intezaar along Arbaaz Khan directed by Rajeev Walia. The film released on 1 December 2017.
Sunny Leone was voted by the Network 7 Media Group jury as "Indian Affairs Actress of the year 2018" founded by Satya Brahma at the historic 9th Annual India Leadership Conclave & Indian Affairs Business Leadership Awards 2018.
Sunny Leone's auto biopic titled "Karenjit Kaur – The Untold Story of Sunny Leone", an original web-series by ZEE5, was released on the platform on 16 July 2018. The series narrates her journey from a middle-class girl in Canada to becoming India's most googled celebrity. The series starts from her childhood as Gogu to her foray into the adult film industry to her exciting journey into Bollywood. The series will also be available in Bengali, Tamil, Telugu and Marathi languages.
In January 2018, Leone started filming for the Hindi remake of 2012 Punjabi film Jatt & Juliet opposite Manish Paul. She is also stars in Veeramadevi a period war Tamil film in full-fledged lead role directed by V.C. Vadivudaiyan. The shooting for the film commenced in February 2018 and will be released in Telugu, Hindi & Malayalam.
Sweet Dreams is a collection of 12 short stories written by Sunny Leone. They were published digitally as an e-book and launched on 22 April 2016 by Juggernaut Books through their mobile app. A story was made available on the app at 10pm every night. A 200-page paperback edition was also launched in 2016.
The work was well received by the Hindustan Times, which commented, "Sunny's stories are relentlessly optimistic. The characters are not complicated or unpleasant and exist in a world that veers on the border of Valentine's Land with its floating pink hearts and soft focus lighting."
Sunny Leone in an interview to Press Trust of India explains that the book is written from the perspective of both men and females, as well as being written for both genders but mainly for women; "I wrote these stories, from what I thought a woman would like to read." Sunny Leone add that it is "the first time (she has) written something like this." In the interview she mentioned how Juggernaut Books had come to her with this idea of writing the book.
Sweet Dreams was Elle's 'Book of the Week' in April 2016 and in the review they go on to write "don’t go looking for creative fantasies or fetishes; as a writer, Leone is playing safe." Another review in Bollywood Hungama goes on to note if there was any real contribution from Sunny herself towards the book other than her picture on the cover. The review goes on say that there is "no note by (the) author, acknowledgments section, or forward from some known entity."
In 2004, she was part of No More Bush Girls, in which she and several other popular adult actresses shaved off their pubic hair in protest of the George W. Bush presidency. In May 2008, she shot a promotional video for Declare Yourself, a nonprofit, nonpartisan voter registration campaign targeting 18- to 29-year-olds. She indicated that Barack Obama would be her choice in the 2008 U.S. presidential election, primarily because she felt he was more business friendly to the adult industry than his opponent John McCain. She also released a public service announcement on behalf of the ASACP, reminding adult webmasters to protect their sites from children by having an RTA label on it.
In 2013, Leone posed for a PETA ad campaign, encouraging dog and cat owners to have their pets spayed and neutered. In an interview for PETA India, Leone said, "I believe that every single dog should be spayed and neutered. You don't want to continue the cycle of homeless dogs or cats. And spaying and neutering also keeps them healthy." PETA named her their "Person of the Year" in 2016.
In June 2006, Leone became an American citizen, but stated she planned to remain a dual citizen of Canada. On 14 April 2012, Leone announced that she was now a resident of India explaining in an interview to The New Indian Express that she was an Overseas Citizen of India and that she was eligible for overseas citizenship because her parents lived in India. She applied for it prior to filming Jism 2.
Leone has a strong interest in health and fitness and has been featured in several mainstream fitness publications. Leone has modelled fitness clothing for the sports brand Fantasy Fitness and shared that she keeps her body in shape by working out as much as she can despite her busy schedule and as quoted in Men's Fitness magazine, "I try to eat very healthy – lots of vegetables, drinking my milk every day."
Although bisexual, she has stated that she prefers men. Sunny Leone had dated Indian-Canadian stand-up comedian Russell Peters up until they broke up in 2007. Leone was then dating Matt Erikson, a vice-president of marketing at Playboy Enterprises. After being engaged to Erikson, they broke up in 2008. She mentioned in an interview at the start of 2011 that she was married to Daniel Weber, an American actor, producer, and entrepreneur. During her stay in the Bigg Boss house later that same year, Leone indicated that she had married; Leone said she "purposely arrived late" to their first date as she was not impressed with him, but he changed her mind by sending 24 roses to her hotel room.
A 2008 Eye Weekly article reported that "Leone does her best to maintain a link to Sikh traditions, even if more in theory than in practice. But she's unlikely to disavow her career path due to religion" and that Leone said "Girls will leave the industry claiming that they found God. Well, the fact is, God has always been with them the entire time." In a 2010 interview, she said
It's a community-based religion. You walk into a temple and you're greeted with the utmost respect... But, just like any religion it doesn't want you to shoot adult material. I mean, I grew up going to temple every Sunday. When my parents found out they knew my personality which was very independent. Even if they tried to stop me or tried to steer me the right way they would have lost their daughter. I'm too headstrong. And it wasn't a plan. It just happened and my career and everything just kept getting bigger and bigger.
Marriage and family
In July 2017, Leone and her husband Daniel Weber adopted their first child from Latur, a village in Maharashtra. The baby girl, whom they named Nisha Kaur Weber, was 21 months old at the time of adoption. Actress Sherlyn Chopra first confirmed the news by writing a congratulatory message on social media on 20 July 2017. "Never in my life did I think that I want to adopt a child. People doing such amazing work at the orphanage changed my mind," Daniel Weber told Hindustan Times."
A police first information report was filed against her in May 2015 after a woman at Mumbai, India, complained that Leone's website, sunnyleone.com, was destroying the Indian culture. Thane police's cyber cell at Ramnagar booked her for sections 292, 292A, 294 which could have landed her a term in jail, fine or both. Senior police inspector JK Sawant stated, "We cannot block the website, but will ask the operator to remove objectionable content."
In the 2017 new year, a pro-Kannada group Rakshana Vedike Yuva Sene protested against the event Sunny Night in Bengaluru NYE 2018 in Bangalore. Sunny Leone was to perform at this event and the group argued that due to her pornographic past, she should not be allowed in the event. The protesters threatened a mass suicide and Karnataka home minister Ramalinga Reddy denied her permission to appear at the event.
In 2018, a social activist lodged a complaint against Leone at the Nazarethpet police station in Chennai. He stated that the actress was promoting pornography which is against the Indian nation's law. He also added that this would majorly dent the Indian culture and spoil the moral fabric of the society.
Producer and distributor Bharat Patel has accused Leone of not returning a signing fee which she had taken to do a special dance number for his movie Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi after her role was cancelled.
- Sweet Dreams (2016)
- "About Me". SunnyLeone.com. Retrieved January 5, 2016.
- "Sunny Leone Becomes Vivid Girl". AVN. June 20, 2007. Retrieved August 26, 2007.
- "Sunny Leone's husband comes to India". The Times of India. April 16, 2012. Archived from the original on March 22, 2014. Retrieved October 1, 2012.
- "Sunny Leone – Desi Porn". SunnyLeone.com.
- "Sunny Leone profile". AVN. Retrieved December 27, 2015.
- "A Sunny day in Sarnia". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- "How Karen Malhotra turned into a world-famous porn star Sunny Leone". santabanta.com. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- "Sunny Leone's real name revealed!". Hindustan Times. Agencies. April 27, 2012. Archived from the original on April 13, 2014. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- Vickey Lalwani, Mumbai Mirror (August 8, 2013). "People in India are conservative: Sunny Leone". The Times of India. Retrieved December 27, 2015.
- Weisblott, Marc (July 4, 2008). "Sunny Leone's America". Eye Weekly. Archived from the original on November 19, 2008. Retrieved July 4, 2008.
- Bengali, Shashank (August 24, 2016). "Can porn star-turned-Bollywood actress Sunny Leone teach India to be cool about sex?". Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles: Tribune Co. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved August 25, 2016.
- "Ambush Interview #97". Ambush Interview. October 8, 2006. Retrieved October 8, 2006.
- Alff, Shawn (August 23, 2010). "Pornstar Sunny Leone on thriving in the wild, wild west of the adult industry". blogs.creativeloafing.com. Retrieved September 11, 2010.
- Kandathil, Sonia M. (October 11, 2007). "Sunny Leone on life as a desi adult star". Toronto Star. Archived from the original on October 12, 2007. Retrieved October 26, 2007.
- "Sunny Leone profile". Brazzers. March 9, 2018. Retrieved March 9, 2018.
- "Meet the Girl: Sunny Leone". Men's Fitness. February 1, 2007. Retrieved February 1, 2007.
- Big D (July 6, 2006). "Inside Sunny Leone". XRentDVD. Retrieved June 7, 2007.
- freeones (August 6, 2007). "Exclusive Interview with Sunny Leone". freeones. Retrieved August 6, 2007.
- Adult Film Database (June 11, 2006). "Adultfilmdatabase Interviews: Sunny Leone Interview – 11/06/2006". AFDB. Retrieved June 11, 2006.
- Adams, Eddie (August 28, 2007). "Sunny Leone Featured in Cheri". AVN. Retrieved August 28, 2007.
- "Sunny Leone Jpg Pic Image & Video Gallery". Mystique Magazine. Archived from the original on October 11, 2007. Retrieved August 26, 2008.
- Vargas, Saul (June 1, 2003). "Lowrider Model — Sunny Leone — June 2003 enter fold". Lowrider Magazine. Archived from the original on June 8, 2007. Retrieved June 1, 2003.
- Robinson, Reinaldo (November 1, 2003). "Lowrider Model — Sunny Leone — November 2003 Center Fold". Lowrider Magazine. Archived from the original on May 25, 2007. Retrieved November 1, 2003.
- modfxmodels.com (June 29, 2003). "SUNNY LEONE MODFX COVER MODEL — JULY 2003". modfxmodels.com. Archived from the original on July 4, 2003. Retrieved August 31, 2008.
- suze.net. "Sunny Leone Free Nude Pics:: Official Nude Gallery of Sunny Leone". suze.net. Retrieved August 31, 2008.
- Marcus, Ken. "Sunny Leone Free Fetish Pics". kenmarcus.com. Retrieved March 14, 2018.
- macandbumble.com. "SMacandBumble.com — Sunny Leone, News, Photos..." macandbumble.com. Retrieved August 31, 2008.
- Baker, Chip (February 24, 2005). "Sunny Leone Joins Adam & Eve Sales Team". AVN. Retrieved February 24, 2005.
- Millar, Dan (November 1, 2005). "Vivid to Ship Sunny". AVN. Retrieved July 3, 2007.
- AVN (April 5, 2006). "Sunny Leone is the First Virtual Vivid Girl". AVN. Retrieved April 5, 2006.
- AVN (February 20, 2008). "Vivid Releases It's Sunny in Brazil". AVN. Retrieved May 10, 2007.
- Adams, Eddie (December 19, 2007). "Sunny Leone Performs The Sunny Experiment". AVN. Retrieved December 19, 2007.
- Sullivan, David (May 13, 2007). "Sunny Leone Renews Vivid Contract, Will Perform with Men". AVN. Archived from the original on June 22, 2009. Retrieved May 13, 2007.
- Rutter, Jared (August 31, 2007). "On the Set: Sunny Loves Matt". AVN. Archived from the original on September 23, 2009. Retrieved March 21, 2008.
- AVN (November 25, 2008). "NOMINATIONS 2009 AVN Adult Movie Awards" (PDF). AVN. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 3, 2008. Retrieved November 25, 2008.
- Javors, Steve (August 22, 2008). "Sunny Leone Forms Her Own Studio, SunLust Pictures". XBIZ. Archived from the original on June 1, 2009. Retrieved August 22, 2008.
- Par Gérome Lorenzo (June 26, 2008). "Sunny Leone". Hot Video. Archived from the original on December 24, 2009. Retrieved June 26, 2008.
- Houston, Don (December 29, 2009). "Sunny's B/G Adventure". XCritic.
- X, Nelson (June 5, 2009). "Sunny Leone Says 'Undress Me'". AVN.
- Cachapero, Joanne (September 11, 2007). "Sunny Leone Launches SunLust Pictures With N.Y. Bash". XBIZ. Archived from the original on June 1, 2009. Retrieved September 11, 2007.
- Sullivan, David (June 2, 2009). "Sunny Leone Shows Her 'Dark Side' in Sin City". AVN. Retrieved June 6, 2009.
- XBIZ (February 6, 2009). "Katie.com, Sun Lust Pictures to Hold Casting in Las Vegas". XBIZ. Archived from the original on May 26, 2010. Retrieved June 3, 2009.
- "13 AVN Award Noms for Sunny Leone, SunLust Pictures, 'Gia'". AVN. December 29, 2010.
- "Sunny Leone: Goddess". AVN. December 23, 2012.
- Jonah P Davies (April 24, 2006). "Sunny Leone Signs with PPPcard". AVN. Retrieved April 24, 2006.
- "AdultPokerParty.com Teams with Sunny Leone". AVN. June 22, 2006. Retrieved June 22, 2006.
- Denim, Sue (April 19, 2007). "Sunny Leone, Brickhouse Mobile Partner". AVN. Archived from the original on March 8, 2010. Retrieved April 19, 2007.
- "Flirt4Free Presents Sunny Leone and Stefani Morgan Live". AVN. September 5, 2006. Retrieved September 5, 2006.
- Yagielowicz, Stephen (July 30, 2008). "Flash Ads Boost TotemCash Sales". XBIZ. Archived from the original on June 1, 2009. Retrieved July 30, 2008.
- Fox, Bianca (July 17, 2007). "ImLive Signs Celebrity Porn Star Guests". AVN. Archived from the original on December 8, 2012. Retrieved July 17, 2007.
- xbiz (January 1, 2008). "XBIZ Awards — Recognizing Excellence in Adult Entertainment". XBIZ. Retrieved January 1, 2008.
- Nloen, Stephanie (April 7, 2012). "Why this Canadian porn star's past isn't holding her back in Bollywood". theglobeandmail.com. Retrieved September 22, 2012.
- Thomas J Stanton (June 21, 2006). "Vivid to Present Comedy Night Next Wednesday". AVN. Retrieved June 21, 2006.
- Warren, Peter (February 20, 2008). "Vivid Steps Into Footwear". AVN. Archived from the original on September 23, 2009. Retrieved February 20, 2008.
- Thomas J Stanton (January 25, 2006). "Vivid/Club Jenna Bowl to Feature Coquette Lingerie Show". AVN. Retrieved January 25, 2006.
- AVN (April 4, 2006). "Bike & Hot Rod Night". AVN. Archived from the original on January 2, 2013. Retrieved April 4, 2006.
- Kingsley, Vance (December 14, 2006). "Doc Johnson, Vivid Launch Sunny Leone and Lacie Heart Pocket Pals". AVN. Archived from the original on August 4, 2009. Retrieved October 26, 2007.
- Fox, Bianca (September 17, 2008). "Doc Johnson Unveils Briana Banks and Sunny Leone Vivid Girl Toys". AVN. Retrieved September 17, 2008.
- XBIZ (October 14, 2008). "Vivid Inks Deal to Introduce Branded Skateboards". XBIZ. Archived from the original on June 1, 2009. Retrieved October 14, 2008.
- Raphael, JR (September 23, 2009). "Porn Stars Invade the App Store". www.infoworld.com. Retrieved November 29, 2009.[dead link]
- "Apple Approves First Official Porn Star APP for iPhone" (Press release). Grindhouse Mobile. September 16, 2009. Archived from the original on January 28, 2013. Retrieved November 29, 2009.
- Ray, Bill (February 23, 2010). "Apple strips top shelf, leaves corporate smut in place". www.theregister.co.uk. Retrieved April 4, 2010.
- "Porn's Hot 100". Genesis. January 1, 2007. Archived from the original on May 25, 2007. Retrieved January 1, 2007.
- "2008 Porn's Hot 100". Genesis. March 11, 2008. Archived from the original on June 5, 2008. Retrieved March 11, 2008.
- Cooper, Peta (August 22, 2004). "DesiClub.com's Top 50 Coolest Desis of 2004". desiclub.com. Archived from the original on March 8, 2005. Retrieved August 22, 2004.
- AVN (July 1, 2007). "AVN Online 40 under 40". AVN. Archived from the original on January 8, 2009. Retrieved January 7, 2007.
- "Maxim U.K. Names Top 12 Porn Stars". business.avn.com. June 18, 2010. Retrieved May 8, 2011.
- "Top 99 Women". AskMen.com. 2012. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- "Leone Announces Retirement From Adult Films!". MTV.com. August 13, 2013. Retrieved August 20, 2015.
- "BBC 100 Women 2016: Who is on the list?". BBC News. November 21, 2016.
- "Sunny Leone Exhibit Magazine Photoshoot October 2016". purefilmy.com. October 23, 2016. Retrieved September 29, 2017.
- Keshavan, Meghana (August 22, 2007). "Bollywood nights". Metro Times. Retrieved August 22, 2007.
- AVN (January 1, 2005). "Sunny Leone Profile". AVN. Archived from the original on April 5, 2009. Retrieved January 1, 2005.
- Sullivan, David (October 7, 2008). "Fox Reality Channel Launches 'My Bare Lady 2'". AVN. Retrieved October 7, 2008.
- Steami.net (January 1, 2008). "Sunny Leone Talks About Bollywood, Sex & Indian Men". Steami.net. Archived from the original on September 16, 2008. Retrieved June 6, 2008.
- "Sunny Leone". Royal Magazine. January 1, 2008. Archived from the original on June 4, 2009. Retrieved June 6, 2008.
- Desipowerchat.com. "Kalyug the film Synopsis previews". Desipowerchat.com. Archived from the original on August 10, 2007. Retrieved June 6, 2008.
- "Curry Bear Interviews – #1 Desi Porn Star Sunny Leone". Curry Bear.com. June 10, 2008. Retrieved June 10, 2008.
- "Sunny Leone Photo Gallery & Bio". www.wrestlinginc.com. Archived from the original on March 5, 2010. Retrieved March 11, 2010.
- Warren, Peter (April 2, 2008). "Sunny Leone to Appear in Bollywood Film". AVN. Archived from the original on December 24, 2009. Retrieved April 2, 2008.
- Sullivan, David. "Sunny Leone, Jesse Jane Cast in Mallick's 'Middle Men'". AVN. Retrieved November 5, 2008.
- Radish, Christina (October 20, 2009). "Exclusive Interview: Sunny Leone is Much More than Just a Pretty Face". www.iesb.net. Archived from the original on November 11, 2009. Retrieved November 29, 2009.
- Hall, Corey (September 15, 2010). "Metro Times: Movie Review: The Virginity Hit". www.metrotimes.com. Archived from the original on August 11, 2011. Retrieved September 11, 2010.
- pokulator (April 17, 2007). "2006 WSOP Updates". pokulator.com. Archived from the original on August 13, 2006. Retrieved January 23, 2008.
- Laurie (August 8, 2008). "Adult Superstar Sunny Leone". MiamiBeach411.com. Archived from the original on June 1, 2009. Retrieved August 8, 2008.
- AVN Staff (October 28, 2008). "Sunny Leone to Host Club Jenna Halloween Party". AVN. Retrieved October 28, 2008.
- Lubove, Seth (December 12, 2005). "Obscene Profits". Forbes. Archived from the original on October 28, 2010. Retrieved August 12, 2004.
- Versatile Media Group Inc (September 10, 2008). "Sunny Leone Launches Sunlust Pictures". ainews.com. Retrieved September 10, 2008.
- Sullivan, David (November 7, 2007). "Vivid Places Holiday Billboard In Times Square". AVN. Archived from the original on January 14, 2010. Retrieved November 7, 2007.
- Rayzer, Ryan (January 25, 2008). "Sunny Leone's Naked Ambition". CW 11 Morning News. Archived from the original on January 29, 2008. Retrieved January 25, 2008.
- "Indo-Canadian porn star to spice up 'Bigg Boss 5'". Indiavision news. November 22, 2011. Archived from the original on January 3, 2013.
- "Sunny Leone enters Bigg Boss in a lehenga". hindustantimes.com. November 20, 2011. Archived from the original on November 21, 2011. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- "Bigg Boss: Sunny Leone hides her porn star status". zeenews.india.com. November 22, 2011. Retrieved November 22, 2011.
- "Canadian porn star Sunny Leone causes stir in India". theprovince.com. November 24, 2011. Archived from the original on November 28, 2011. Retrieved November 28, 2011.
- Ramachandran, Priya (November 22, 2011). "Adult star Sunny Leone is trending in India". indiatimes.com. Archived from the original on July 7, 2012. Retrieved November 28, 2011.
- "Sunny Leone most googled in Orissa, Haryana". indiatimes.com. November 27, 2011. Archived from the original on July 7, 2012. Retrieved November 28, 2011.
For a few days the growth in search queries related to Sunny Leone was what Google describes 'breakout'.
- Mawrie, Anthony (November 29, 2011). "IAAF files complaint against Colors for Sunny Leone entry". mediamughals.com. Archived from the original on December 3, 2011. Retrieved December 2, 2011.
- Srivastava, Aatish (December 1, 2011). "Sunny Leone in 'Bigg Boss': BJP youth wing president seeks action against Colors : Gossip News — India Today". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved December 2, 2011.
- "Porn star Sunny Leone to enter 'Bigg Boss' house". November 17, 2011.
- "Bigg Boss 5: Sunny Leone evicted from the house". January 1, 2012.
- "Juhi is the backbone of the house who keeps everyone together". January 2, 2012.
- "Sunny Leone says yes to Mahesh Bhatt — Hindustan Times". hindustantimes.com. 2011. Archived from the original on December 2, 2011. Retrieved December 2, 2011.
- "I haven't made Jism 2 for 100 crore club: Pooja Bhatt". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on August 8, 2012. Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- "Sunny Leone in Ragini MMS 2". invectura.com. April 22, 2012. Retrieved April 22, 2012.
- "Sunny Leone goes desi for first item song in Bollywood". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on March 7, 2013. Retrieved March 6, 2013.
- "Check Out: Sunny Leone in Shootout At Wadala". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved March 6, 2013.
- "Kaizad Gustad hits the Jackpot". Bollywood Hungama. June 25, 2013. Retrieved July 2, 2013.
- "Jackpot". Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Boxoffice". Archived from the original on May 8, 2014. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Boxoffice". Archived from the original on April 1, 2014. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Movie Review:Ragini Mms 2". Archived from the original on October 6, 2014. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Ragini MMS – 2". Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Sunny Leone excited about her Tamil film". The Times Of India. November 26, 2013. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- "Sunny Leone's Pink Lips gets 10 lakhs fans". Patrika Group. July 7, 2014. Archived from the original on July 13, 2014. Retrieved July 8, 2014.
- "First look : Sunny Leone stuns in a sari in Current Theega". The Times of India. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Sunny Leone to do item number for DK". Patrika Group (5 August 2014). Archived from the original on August 8, 2014. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- "Sunny Leone's hot and desi look in Leela". Patrika Group (31 July 2014). Archived from the original on August 2, 2014. Retrieved July 31, 2014.
- "Ek Paheli Leela Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Ek Paheli Leela : 1st Wednesday (Day 6) Box Office Collections". Koimoi.com (17 April 2015). Archived from the original on April 18, 2015. Retrieved April 17, 2015.
- "Box Office Capsule "Ek Paheli Leela"". Archived from the original on March 29, 2016. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
- "Sunny gives another sex comedy".
- "Sunny Leone in her second Kannada film".
- "Sunny Leone shoots for a cameo in Singh is Bling".
- "First poster of Sunny Leone's sex-comedy Mastizaade out". Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "One Night Stand commences shoot". The Times of India. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. February 5, 2015.
- "Beiimaan Love kickstarts with cake cutting".[permanent dead link]
- "Sunny gets a new voice for item number". Dna India. Diligent Media Corporation. October 3, 2016.
- "Sunny and Sharman to steamup the song". IB Times India. September 16, 2016.
- "'Raees' rail ride: Sunny Leone shocked by the fan frenzy at Vadodara station". The Times of India. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. January 25, 2017.
- "Sunny "Leone to groove with Ajay Devgn in 'Baadshaho'". The Times of India. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. January 28, 2017. Retrieved October 14, 2017.
- Chauhan, Gaurang (July 25, 2017). "Sunny Leone to do a song in Sanjay Dutt's comeback film". BollywoodLife.com.
- "Sunny makes Marathi debut with an item song".
- "Sunny in Sera Bangali". Hindustan Times. HT Media. July 26, 2017.
- "Sunny Leone signs secong Telugu film". News18 India. Network18 Group. March 9, 2017.
- "Sunny Leone excited to work with Arbaaz Khan". India Today. Living Media. May 30, 2016.
- "Sunny Leone honored as 'Indian Affairs Actress of the year 2018' at India Leadership Conclave 2018". India Leadership Conclave 2018. July 26, 2018. Retrieved August 4, 2018.
- "'Karenjit Kaur – the untold story of Sunny Leone". zee5.com. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- "Watch: Sunny Leone unveils the 38-second motion poster of her biopic Karenjit Kaur & it breaks the Internet in 24 hours".
- "Sunny Leone in Jatt And Juliet remake".
- "Relief for Veeramadevi as it escapes court case". The News Minute. Retrieved December 17, 2018. Cite error: The named reference ":0" was defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Sunny Leone to make Tamil debut".
- "Sunny Leone Writes Her First Short Story Collection - Sweet Dreams". The Quint. April 22, 2016. Retrieved November 29, 2019.
- "Love, the Sunny Leone way". The Indian Express. April 23, 2016. Retrieved April 23, 2016.
- "Sunny Leone's first book is everything you'd expect it to be". India Today. April 29, 2019. Retrieved November 29, 2019.
- "Sunny Leone to share her stories on your phone every night!". The Times of India. January 28, 2017. Retrieved November 29, 2019.
- Leone, Sunny (June 6, 2016). Sweet Dreams. ASIN 8193237226.
- "Sunny Leone reveals what her erotic short stories will be like". hindustantimes.com. April 23, 2016. Retrieved April 23, 2016.
- "Sunny Leone turns writer". theweek.in. April 23, 2016. Retrieved November 29, 2019.[dead link]
- "Book of the week: Sweet Dreams by Sunny Leone". Elle India. April 22, 2016. Retrieved November 29, 2019.
- Bollywood Hungama. "Sunny Leone's Sweet Dreams". Free Press Journal. Retrieved November 29, 2019.
- Bhushan, Kul (April 22, 2016). "Sunny Leone turns author with Juggernaut, new e-books app launched for Android". BGR India. Retrieved November 29, 2019.
- Wireless Flash News (October 15, 2004). "Porn Stars Shave To Support 'No More Bush' Campaign". Wireless Flash News. Archived from the original on October 17, 2004. Retrieved October 15, 2004.
- Sullivan, David (May 27, 2008). "Sunny Leone Urges Youth to Vote in Online PSA". AVN. Retrieved May 27, 2008.
- knobbz (September 13, 2008). "Metallungies Hollers @ Savanna Samson and Sunny Leone, Interview". metallungies.com. Retrieved December 25, 2008.
- Sunny Leone In New PETA Ad", Asian Image, 15 January 2013.
- "Sunny Leone To Receive PETA's Person of the Year Award," Times of India, 22 December 2016.
- Shaheryar Hafeez (Fall 2005). "Sex and Stardom: Inside the World of a Desi Adult Entertainer". . Retrieved August 22, 2007.
- "Twitter / SunnyLeone: I have the greatest news today". Twitter.com. Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- "Sunny Leone Now An Indian Citizen – Yahoo Movies India". In.movies.yahoo.com. April 14, 2012. Archived from the original on November 5, 2013. Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- Bansal, Varsha (August 15, 2012). "Sunny Leone, about Indian fans". The New Indian Express. Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- "Sunny Leone: Ragini MMS 2 later, house in Mumbai first". daily.bhaskar.com. August 20, 2012. Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- "Triple treat! Sunny Leone will have three releases within the next six months – Entertainment – DNA". Dnaindia.com. November 11, 2013. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- AVN Staff (January 7, 2009). "Sunny Leone RTA PSA to Debut at AVN Awards". AVN. Retrieved January 7, 2009.
- "Sunny Leone models with Fantasy Fitness". FantasyFitness.com. August 1, 2009. Archived from the original on July 21, 2009. Retrieved August 1, 2009.
- Men's Fitness (August 1, 2009). "Adult star Sunny Leone loves playing the field". Men's Fitness. Retrieved August 1, 2009.
- "Bigg Boss' Sunny Leone is bisexual, but prefers men". Indiavision news. November 25, 2011. Archived from the original on January 26, 2013.
- "Comedian Russell Peters Goes Off on Trevor Noah + Names His Top 5 Comedians". YouTube. Sway's Universe. June 28, 2018. 12 minutes in. Retrieved July 27, 2018.
- Goyal, Samarth (September 2013). "Sunny Leone is a real sweetheart: Russell Peters". Hindustan Times. Retrieved October 29, 2013.
- "Sunny Leone dated comedian Russell Peters?". Times of India. September 2013. Retrieved October 29, 2013.
- Joshi, Tushar (October 11, 2007). "Sunny Leone's ex making moolah off her". The Times of India. Archived from the original on October 31, 2013. Retrieved October 26, 2012.
- "I want to marry Daniel Weber over and over again: Sunny Leone". India Today. October 11, 2007. Retrieved October 26, 2012.
- "Sunny Leone's ex cashes in on her fame". Hindustan Times. October 11, 2007. Archived from the original on December 24, 2011. Retrieved October 26, 2012.
- Orange, B. Alan (January 17, 2011). "EXCLUSIVE: Sunny Leone Talks The Virginity Hit". movieweb.com. Retrieved December 24, 2011.
- "Sunny Leone's husband Daniel Weber, will now make his Bollywood debut in wife's 'Jackpot'". Daily News & Analysis. August 15, 2013. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- "Sunny Leone breaks hearts by getting 'married' in Bigg Boss house". Indiavision news. December 3, 2011. Archived from the original on January 26, 2013.
- Team, Businessofcinema.com (August 3, 2012). "Sunny Leone's Husband: Proud Of Her Bollywood Debut". Businessofcinema.com. Retrieved August 6, 2012.
- Weisblott, Marc (July 4, 2009). "Sunny Leone's America". Eye Weekly. Archived from the original on July 10, 2011. Retrieved January 20, 2009.
- "Sunny Leone And Husband Daniel Weber Adopt Baby Girl". NDTV. Retrieved July 22, 2017.
- "Sunny Leone and Daniel Weber adopt baby girl, see first photos of Nisha Kaur Weber". The Indian Express. Indian Express Group. July 21, 2017. Retrieved July 22, 2017.
- "Sunny Leone and husband Daniel Weber adopts baby girl Nisha". The Times of India. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. Retrieved July 22, 2017.
- "Sunny Leone, Daniel Weber adopt baby girl from Latur, name her Nisha Kaur Weber". Firstpost. July 21, 2017. Retrieved July 22, 2017.
- "Sunny Leone announces birth of twins, tweets about it". The Economic Times. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- "Sunny Leone and Daniel Weber become parents for the second time". Bombay Times. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- Shiksha, Shruti (September 13, 2018). "Ganesh Chaturthi 2018: Sunny Leone And Husband Daniel Weber Celebrate By Moving Into New Home". NDTV. Retrieved September 16, 2018.
- Pradeep Gupta (May 16, 2015). "Mumbai woman files FIR against Leone for 'destroying Indian culture'". The Times of India. Retrieved August 23, 2015.
- "Karnataka government denies permission to Sunny Leone's New Year's Eve event". Bollywood Hungama. December 16, 2017. Retrieved March 26, 2018.
- "FIR filed against Sunny Leone for promoting pornography". Bollywood Hungama. February 10, 2018. Retrieved March 26, 2018.
- "Sunny Leone accused of not returning signing amount by 'Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi' producer". Times of India. December 16, 2017. Retrieved January 24, 2019.