|Barbara Niven Real Name / Barbara Niven Full Name|
|Barbara Niven Net Worth||$8 million USD|
|Barbara Niven Birthday (Year-Month-Day)||1956-2-26|
|Barbara Niven Nationality|
|Barbara Niven Occupation|
|Barbara Niven Height||1.65 m or 5 ft 5 inches|
|Barbara Niven Weight||kg or 0 pounds|
|Barbara Niven Marital Status|
|Barbara Niven Ethnicity|
|Barbara Niven Education|
|Barbara Niven Kids||1|
|Barbara Niven Kids Names|
- Barbara Niven's birth date is 1956-2-26
- How old is Barbara Niven? Barbara Niven is 66 years old
- Barbara Niven is a proud parent of 1 kids
Barbara Lee Bucholz
February 26, 1953
Portland, Oregon, US
Barbara Niven (née Bucholz; born February 26, 1953) is an American actress, writer and producer, best known for her performances in Hallmark and Lifetime movies, and for television roles in Pensacola: Wings of Gold, One Life to Live, Cedar Cove, and Chesapeake Shores. Niven had the leading role in the independent film A Perfect Ending (2012). She is also a motivational speaker, media trainer and animal rights activist, and a National Ambassador for American Humane.
Barbara Lee Bucholz was born in 1953 in Portland, Oregon, to parents George and Edie Bucholz. She has two sisters, Shelley and Kim, and attended David Douglas High School. She has stated that she knew when she was five that she wanted to be an actress. She grew up hunting and fishing and was a senior in high school before she got involved in acting.
After high school, she attended college for six months, worked as export coordinator for a foundry, a general contractor, sold commercial real estate, and modelled. She married at twenty-one and had a business with her husband. Niven became a mother at twenty-six. After a divorce, and with no child support, she found a place to live with roommates to help with expenses.
Her ten-year high school reunion committee mailed a questionnaire, with the final inquiry being, "have you achieved everything in your life that you thought you would by now?" The realization that she had not started acting made Niven declare to herself that she was "going to be an actor" and "going to be in show business somehow." Acknowledging a penchant for being on camera and knowing that she enjoyed writing, she decided to look for a job in news reporting.
Niven went to see the news director at KGW in Portland and asked to make sample stories for him to critique. She promised to ‘pay it forward’ if she had a successful career. He agreed and provided a typical script. She was later hired as an intern, and her story about the White House Easter Egg Roll made the network news.
She spent hours reading from the theater section of Powell's Books and memorized a monologue from Neil Simon’s Chapter Two. In the early 80s, there was a nationwide search to replace the character Tina Lord on One Life to Live. One audition was held in Seattle. Niven drove in freezing rain from Portland, taped the monologue, and drove back home without telling anyone what she had done. She was one of several people chosen to go to New York for a screen test.
In New York she was told by Mari Lyn Henry, then ABC casting director, that she did not have star quality and her voice would only lead to victims' roles. She went back to Portland determined to work on her voice and her craft. She got a retired radio man to be her voice coach. She was cast in Hallmark Hall of Fame’s 1986 Promise, which filmed in Oregon. She received her SAG card on this movie. When her daughter was ten, she packed their belongings into a truck and trailer and moved to Los Angeles.
Television and film
For twelve years, she attended the master classes of Milton Katselas at the Beverly Hills Playhouse. Between 1986 and 1993 she was billed as Barbara Lee Alexander, and as Barbara Lee Niven for the film Lone Tiger (1994).see Filmography She is known for her roles on soap operas The Bold and the Beautiful as Brenda Dickerson, and in One Life to Live as Liz Coleman Reynolds.
She served for three years on the National Board of Directors for the Screen Actors Guild. From March 20 - September 8, 1989, she was hostess and announcer, with host Michael Burger, for the syndicated game show, Straight to the Heart. In 2000, served as a celebrity blue-team contestant for St. Thomas on Search Party.
Niven starred on the syndicated drama series Pensacola: Wings of Gold (1998-2000). Niven also has appeared in guest roles on numerous television series, including ER, Cold Case, Las Vegas, NCIS, Charmed, Eli Stone, and Parks and Recreation. Additionally, she had multiple roles on Silk Stalkings, and a recurring role on Pacific Palisades.
She played Marilyn Monroe in the HBO film The Rat Pack (1998) and has appeared in many films such as Under Lock and Key (1995), Forest Warrior (1996), Foxfire (1996), Breast Men (1997), The Drone Virus (2004), Chasing Ghosts (2005), Redline (2007) and Summer's Blood (2009). She had the leading role in A Perfect Ending (2012) and co-starred with Kat Dennings and Ray Wise in the horror comedy Suburban Gothic (2014).
Niven has also appeared in over a dozen Lifetime movies, including Stranger in My Bed (2005), The Perfect Neighbor (2005), Double Cross (2006), Murder in My House (2006), The Rival (2006), A Valentine Carol (2007), Black Widow (2008), Dead at 17 (2008), Accused at 17 (2009), Heat Wave (2009), My Mother's Secret (2012), Home Invasion (2012), The Wife He Met Online (2012), and Disney Channel's Tiger Cruise (2004).
She has multiple credits for Hallmark, starting with her first role in Hallmark Hall of Fame's Promise (1986), with James Garner and James Woods. Among other appearances, there are A Carol Christmas (2003), Wedding Daze (2004), Back to You and Me (2005), Mystery Woman: Wild West Mystery (2006), McBride: Semper Fi (2007), and Moonlight & Mistletoe (2008). In 2013, Niven was cast in Hallmark Channel's first original drama series Cedar Cove, opposite Andie MacDowell and Bruce Boxleitner. Niven is currently appearing in the series Chesapeake Shores with Treat Williams and Diane Ladd. For Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, she has been cast in the Murder, She Baked and Crossword Mysteries movies.
Speaker and coach
Barbara Niven has made motivational speeches and said that if she could become an actor as a single mother at thirty, others can also fulfill their dreams. She has spoken to school classes, professional groups, and on television shows. The subjects have included: "Giving up Perfect to Claim Your Dreams", "Paralyzed to Powerful" (tips to save yourself from a stalker), "Eating Disorders & Pressures to be Perfect", and "The Pressure to be Thin in Hollywood".
She has done media training for individuals and corporations. Niven has a studio and developed workshops to educate people to make a positive impression with speaking, presentation, and media video. Her instructions include: for presentations, consciously create a character with voice, use good lighting, and connect heart to heart; and when performing, build relationships, be a personal producer and the welcoming person in the room.  She says, “the older one gets the more beautiful tools and instruments you have to add to your orchestra and your palette”.
She has described her writing process as do anything but write, clean the desk, then write from the heart and let the words flow.
Niven has been married three times, to Ronald Garrison (m. 1974, divorced), David Alexander (m. 1985, divorced), and David Niven Jr. (m. June 19, 1993, div. 1998). She has a daughter, Jessica, and three grandchildren. She obtained dual Canadian citizenship because her father was born there. Her favorite color is red, although she likes to wear black. She prefers sweats to fancy dresses.
For thirty years, between fifteen and forty-five, she suffered from bulimia. Her older sister asked about it, and she got help after her daughter fainted at cheerleading practice. Others on the squad were also bulimic/anorexic. Niven promptly got them both help. She says, "secrets are what kept me sick." Once the secret was out, it no longer controlled her.   Eating disorders is a topic about which she gives presentations that garner positive feedback. 
She supports human rights causes and programs that speak out against bullying. Niven appeared in She4ME ('She' for Marriage Equality), the 2014 five-minute public service video created in support. She has been a proponent of the 2012 seventeen-minute anti-bullying short Love is All You Need?, and its purpose in asking viewers to see themselves as a minority.
Niven is an animal rights activist and spokesperson. She has a four-legged family of dogs and cats at home, and fosters older pets. She has participated on an animal rescue team to save victims of a puppy mill, and is a National Ambassador for American Humane.
|1986||Promise||Joan a||Television film [Hallmark Hall of Fame]|
|1989||My Two Dads||Veronica Miles a||Episode: "Duel"|
|1990||Equal Justice||Maggie Sue a||Episode: "Balancing Act"|
|1990||Hired to Kill||Sheila Rogers a|
|1990||Fatal Encounter||Laura a|
|1992||Wings||Susan a||Episode: "The Fortune Cookie"|
|1993||Psycho Cop Returns||Sharon Wells a|
|1993||Illegal Entry: Formula for Fear||Pamela Raby a|
|1993-1998||Silk Stalkings||Cally Henshaw a|
|Episodes: “Night Games” (‘93)|
“The Party’s Over” (‘93)
“Pulp Addiction” (‘95)
“The Party” (‘98)
|1994||Lone Tiger||Jane Costello n|
|1995||Renegade||Tammy Watkins||Episode: "Rancho Escondido"|
|1995||The Sister-in-Law||Ashley Hawkins||Television film [USA Network]|
|1995||Under Lock and Key||Tina Lamb||Television film [Showtime]|
|1996||Humanoids from the Deep||Fran Taylor||Television film [Showtime]|
|1996||Forest Warrior||Stacy Franklin|
|1996||The Bold and the Beautiful||Brenda Dickerson||Recurring role|
|1997||Pacific Palisades||Evelyn Cabot||Recurring role, 4 episodes:|
“Past & Present Danger”,
“Best Laid Plans”, “Private Showing”
|1997||Breast Men||Cindy||Television film [HBO]|
|1997||Doublecross on Costa's Island||Veronica|
|1998||Mike Hammer, Private Eye||Connie Paley||Episode: "Dead Men Talk"|
|1998||The Rat Pack||Marilyn Monroe||Television film [HBO]|
|1998||I Married a Monster||Linda Harris||Television film [UPN]|
|1998-2000||Pensacola: Wings of Gold||Kate Anderson||Series regular, 43 episodes|
|1999||Love Boat: The Next Wave||Elise Daley||Episode: "Prom Queen"|
|1999||Anoosh of the Airways||Suzy|
|1999||Born Bad||Brian's mother|
|2001||Alone with a Stranger||Sandy Kennington|
|2002-2003||One Life to Live||Liz Coleman Reynolds||Recurring role|
|2003||A Carol Christmas||Morgan Maddox||Television film [Hallmark]|
|2004||Serial Killing 4 Dummys||Donna Noland|
|2004||Cold Case||Mavis Breen||Episode: "Greed"|
|2004||Las Vegas||Alice Gold||Episode: "The Strange Life of Bob"|
|2004||Tiger Cruise||Kate Dolan||Television film [Disney]|
|2004||Wedding Daze||News Reporter||Television film [Hallmark]|
|2004||The Drone Virus||Dr. Sloan|
|2005||The Perfect Neighbor||Donna Germaine||Television film [Lifetime]|
|2005||Back to You and Me||Connie Murray||Television film [Hallmark]|
|2005||Stranger in My Bed||Christine Goudet||Television film [Lifetime]|
|2005||Chasing Ghosts||Patricia King|
|2005||NCIS||Dr. Elaine Burns||Episode: "Silver War"|
|2006||Double Cross||Suzanne Debson||Television film [Lifetime]|
|2006||Mystery Woman: Wild West Mystery||Annie Boone||Television film [Hallmark]|
|2006||Charmed||Helen Jenkins||Episodes: "Mr. & Mrs. Witch" and "Generation Hex"|
|2006||Murder in My House||Lauren Kessler||Television film [Lifetime]|
|2006||All You've Got||Peggy McDonald||Television film [MTV]|
|2006||The Rival||Linda Zeller||Television film [Lifetime]|
|2007||McBride: Semper Fi||Claire Whitman||Television film [Hallmark]|
|2007||A Valentine Carol||Jackie Marley||Television film [Lifetime]|
|2007||The Minor Accomplishments of Jackie Woodman||Anne O'Connell||Episode: "We're Number Two!"|
|2008||Eli Stone||Ellen Wethersby||Episodes: "Pilot" and "Father Figure"|
|2008||Black Widow||Tiffany Collins||Television film [Lifetime]|
|2008||Dead at 17||Alyssa Harris||Television film [Lifetime]|
|2008||Never Enough: Sex, Money and Parking Garages in San Francisco||Sylvia Chaisem|
|2008||Short Track||Audrey Beckett|
|2008||Moonlight & Mistletoe||Ginny||Television film [Hallmark]|
|2009||Heat Wave||Governor Carol Quinlan||Television film [Lifetime]|
|2009||Back to the Horn||Capt. Chandler|
|2009||Let's Make a Deal||Capt. Chandler|
|2009||Summer's Blood||Gaia Hoxey|
|2009||Accused at 17||Claire Werner||Television film [Lifetime]|
|2009||The Alpha Geek||Maggie Malone|
|2012||My Mother's Secret||Evelyn Wells||Television film [Lifetime]|
|2012||Home Invasion||Tricia Patterson||Television film [Lifetime]|
|2012||The Wife He Met Online||Alma||Television film [Lifetime]|
|2012||A Perfect Ending||Rebecca Westridge|
|2012||Gabe the Cupid Dog||Ms. Andrews|
|2013–2015||Cedar Cove||Peggy Beldon||Series regular, 25 episodes|
|2014||The M Word||Nicki|
|2015||Parks and Recreation||June Hartwell||Episode: "Pie-Mary"|
|2015||Murder, She Baked: A Chocolate Chip Cookie Mystery||Delores Swensen||Television film [Hallmark Movies & Mysteries]|
|2015||Murder, She Baked: A Plum Pudding Mystery||Delores Swensen||Television film [Hallmark Movies & Mysteries]|
|2015||A Christmas Detour||Susan Collins||Television film [Hallmark]|
|2015||Hamlet's Ghost||Sarah Goodman|
|2016||Murder, She Baked: A Peach Cobbler Mystery||Delores Swensen||Television film [Hallmark Movies & Mysteries]|
|2016||Murder, She Baked: A Deadly Recipe||Delores Swensen||Television film [Hallmark Movies & Mysteries]|
|2016-present||Chesapeake Shores||Megan O'Brien||Series regular|
|2017||Campfire Kiss||Beverly Gowers||Television film [Hallmark]|
|2017||Murder, She Baked: Just Desserts||Delores Swensen||Television film [Hallmark Movies & Mysteries]|
|2017||Christmas In Evergreen||Carol Shaw||Television film [Hallmark]|
|2018||Christmas In Evergreen: Letters to Santa||Carol Shaw||Television film [Hallmark]|
|2019||Love on the Menu||Andrea Fitzgerald||Television film [Hallmark]|
|2019||Crossword Mysteries: A Puzzle to Die For||Aunt Candace||Television film [Hallmark Movies & Mysteries]|
|2019||Love Takes Flight||Virginia Beauman||Television film [Hallmark Hall of Fame]|
|2019||Crossword Mysteries: Proposing Murder||Aunt Candace||Television film [Hallmark Movies & Mysteries]|
|2019||Christmas in Evergreen: Tidings of Joy||Carol Shaw||Television film [Hallmark]|
|2020||Crossword Mysteries: Abracadaver||Aunt Candace||Television film [Hallmark Movies & Mysteries]|
|2020||USS Christmas||Elizabeth Contino||Television film [Hallmark Movies & Mysteries]|
|2020||Christmas in Evergreen: Bells Are Ringing||Carol Shaw||Television film [Hallmark]|
|2021||Crossword Mysteries: Terminal Descent||Aunt Candace||Television film [Hallmark Movies & Mysteries]|
|2021||Crossword Mysteries: Riddle Me Dead||Aunt Candace||Television film [Hallmark Movies & Mysteries]|
|2021||Sweet Revenge: A Hannah Swensen Mystery||Delores Swensen||Television film [Hallmark Movies & Mysteries]|
|2021||The Christmas Contest||Donna||Television film [Hallmark]|
|2022||North to Home||Suzanne McBride||Television film [Hallmark Movies & Mysteries] - January 9|
a as Barbara Lee Alexander n as Barbara Lee Niven
|1998||Psychopathia Sexualis||Lucille||Zoo Theatre, Hollywood, CA|
|2019||The Last Word||Jillian||Garry Marshall Theatre, Burbank, CA|
|1994||Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger||Barbara Miles||Newscaster|
|1995||Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom||Barbara Miles||News anchor|
- Niven, Barbara (2011). 111 Star Power Tips – Insider Secrets from a Hollywood Pro : For Videos, Audios, On-Camera Interviews, TV, Radio & Presentations. Shadoeworks. ISBN 978-1460912331.
- Niven, Barbara (2006). "Barbara Niven [actor]". In Stromberg, Gary; Merrill, Jane. Feeding the Fame : Celebrities Tell Their Real-Life Stories of Eating Disorders. Hazelden. pp. 96–107.ISBN 1-59285-350-1.
- Niven, Barbara (2009). "ACT AS IF!". In Kingsbury, Gail (ed.). How Did You Do That! Stories of Going for It. Yinspire Media. pp. 99–104.ISBN 978-0-9819708-8-2.
- Niven, Barbara (2011). "Shine Your Light", In Lim, Kimber (ed.). Get Your Woman On! Embracing Beauty, Grace & the Power of Women. Yinspire Media. pp. 41–46.ISBN 978-0-9819708-3-7.
- Niven, Barbara (2013). "A Perfect Ending...and a New Beginning", In Mayfield, Karen (ed.). Wake Up Women Be You : Spread Your Wings and Fly Emotionally. Wake Up Women. pp. 32–39.ISBN 978-1508705420.
- Niven, Barbara (2015). "Success, Goosebumps & Your Next Evolution". In Allen, Debbie (ed.). Experts Wisdom : Life Changing Principles and Transformational Business Strategies from the Go-To Authorities. Authentic Endeavors Publishing. pp. 203–218.ISBN 978-0-692-52264-6.
- Niven, Barbara (2016). "Taking a Leap of Faith, Dreams, Money, & Show Biz" In Giankas, Patricia (ed.). Great Credit Now : Set Your GPS for Positive Success. Authentic Endeavors Publishing. pp. 105–116.ISBN 978-0-9982105-0-6.
- Riggs 2003, p. 260
- Niven, Barbara (2011). 111 Star Power Tips : Insider Secrets From A Hollywood Pro: For Videos, Audios, On-Camera Interviews, TV, Radio & Presentations. Shadoeworks. p. 7. ISBN 978-1460912331.
- Stromberg & Merrill 2006, p. 100
- Montague, Joe (2017-09-01). "Barbara Niven at Home on Chesapeake Shores". Riveting Riffs. Retrieved 2020-09-18.
- Graham, Alex (2013-04-05). "Barbara Niven "Unleash Your Star Power!"". Celebrity English. Retrieved 2020-09-09.
- Turnquist, Kristi (2014-07-18). "Barbara Niven: From Portland's David Douglas High School to 'Cedar Cove'". The Oregonian/OregonLive. Retrieved 2020-09-09.
- Jacks and Shawl 2019, at 7:20 min.
- Johnson 2019, at 6:09 min.
- Serafini 2016, at 22:10 min.
- Jacks and Shawl 2019, at 10:00 min.
- Mari-Lyn Henry listing. Marquis Who’s Who. OCLC 4778535502.
- Jacks and Shawl 2019, at 13:30 min.
- Hill, Ruth Mayer (2017-08-27). "Interview With Actress Barbara Niven, "Chesapeake Shores"". My Devotional Thoughts. Retrieved 2020-09-20.
- Stromberg & Merrill 2006, p. 105
- Johnson 2019. at 25:00 min.
- Furminger, Sabrina (2014-07-23). "Cedar Cove's Barbara Niven pays it forward". Vancouver Courier. Retrieved 2020-09-09.
- "Barbara Niven (ex-Liz, OLTL, 2002-03; ex-Brenda, B&B, 1996)". Soap Opera Digest. 2004-07-08. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
Mistretta, Amy. "Ex-One Life To Live's Barbara Niven In Us. (Video Included.) - One Life To Live News - Soaps.com". Soaps.sheknows.com. Archived from the original on 2013-02-16. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- Thurston, Katherine from October 2002 (2013-02-14). ""One Live to Live" Star Bio - Barbara Niven - "Elizabeth Reynolds"". Onelifetolive.about.com. Archived from the original on 2013-05-13. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- Johnson, Melissa (2018-12-24). "Heartfelt Success Podcast: How to Live Your Dreams with Barbara Niven". Best Friends for Frosting. Retrieved 2020-09-09.
- Terrace, Vincent (2011). Encyclopedia of Television Shows, 1925 through 2010, 2nd ed. McFarland. p. 1034/#8897. ISBN 978-0-7864-6477-7.
Schwartz, David; Ryan, Steve; Wostbrock, Fred (1995). The Encyclopedia of TV Game Shows, 2nd ed. Facts on File. p. 187. ISBN 0-8160-3093-6.
- Riggs 2003, p. 261
- "Search Party". tv.com. Retrieved 2020-10-17.
- "The NCIS Team Investigates When a Body Is Found in a Cival War". CBS Studios. 2005-12-12. Retrieved 2020-10-19.
- "Barbara Niven". digiguide.tv. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- "Barbara Niven". TV Guide. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- Dumitru, Anca (2013-03-22). "Barbara Niven's role of a lifetime in 'A Perfect Ending' (Includes interview)". Digital Journal. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- Harvey, Dennis (2015-01-27). "Film Review: 'Suburban Gothic'". variety.com.
- "Tiger Cruise". suggap. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- "A Carol Christmas (2003)". bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- "Hallmark Channel's 'When Calls The Heart' Adds Cast; 'Cedar Cove' July Premiere Set". Deadline.com. 12 June 2013. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- "Barbara Niven: Actress-Speaker-Coach". findCE.com. Retrieved 2020-09-23.
- Allen, Debbie (2014). The Highly Paid Expert. Career Press. p. 147. ISBN 978-1-60163-321-7.
- Johnson 2019. at 17:01 min.
- Jacks and Shawl 2019, at 30:55 min.
- Archerd, Army (1993-05-11). "Smith stays strong thru cancer surgery". Variety. Retrieved 2020-09-29.
- Barbara Niven Biography
- Wallace, Debra (2020-07-28). "Barbara Niven on Creating "Comfort TV" With Hallmark and Why It's Never Too Late for Love". Parade Magazine. Retrieved 2020-09-09.
- Serafini 2016, at 49:35 min.
- Rachel 2018, at 41:38 min.
- Rachel 2018, at 48:15 min.
- Serafini 2016, at 42:45 min.
- Lowe, Elizabeth D. (2008-09-13). "Grand Blanc students captivated by actress Barbara Nivens' eating disorder struggle". Michigan Live. Retrieved 2020-09-24.
- "She4ME". marriageequality.org. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Love is All You Need?". Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- Dawson, M (May 2014). "Unleashing Her Star Power". Empowered Woman. p. 28-30. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- Serafini 2016, at 55:50 min.
- Ganzert, Robin (May 1, 2020). "Presidential Fireside Chat #7 with Barbara Niven". Parade Magazine. Retrieved 2020-09-09.
- "American Humane National Ambassador Council". Retrieved 2020-09-09.
- "Miracles of Christmas 2020 Preview: USS Christmas". Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Countdown to Christmas 2020 Preview: Christmas in Evergreen: Bells Are Ringing". Hallmark Channel. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Crossword Mysteries". Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. August 2019. Retrieved 2021-02-05.
- "Crossword Mysteries: Riddle Me Dead". Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. Retrieved 2021-03-14.
- "Sweet Revenge: A Hannah Swensen Mystery". Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. Retrieved 2021-08-07.
- "Countdown to Christmas 2021 Preview: The Christmas Contest". Hallmark Channel. Retrieved 2021-10-26.
- "North to Home". Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. Retrieved 2021-12-11.
- Gidlow, Steve (2019-11-07). "Hallmark Stars Barbara Niven and John Kapelos Hit the Stage in Los Angeles". MediaVillage. Retrieved 2020-09-03.
- Riggs, Thomas, ed. (2003). Contemporary Theatre, Film & Television, Vol. 48. Thomson Gale. ISBN 0-7876-6363-8.
- Stromberg, Gary; Merrill, Jane (2006). Feeding the Fame : Celebrities Tell Their Real-Life Stories of Eating Disorders. Hazelden. ISBN 1-59285-350-1.
- Serafini, Marisa (2016-10-31). "Barbara Niven Interview". AfterBuzz (Podcast). Retrieved 2020-09-20.
- Rachel (2018-08-05). "Actress Barbara Niven Interview". Hallmarkies Podcast (Podcast). Retrieved 2020-09-22.
- Johnson, Melissa (2019-04-30). "How to Live Your Dreams with Barbara Niven". Best Friends For Frosting (Podcast). Retrieved 2020-09-20.
- Jacks and Shawl (2019-08-21). "Barbara Niven Interview-Chesapeake Shores". Hallmark Channels' Bubbly Sesh (Podcast). Retrieved 2020-09-20.
- Markel, Adam (2016). Pivot : The Art and Science of Reinventing Your Career and Life. Atria Books. [see index].ISBN 978-1-4767-7947-8.